Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do you do?

Lately I have been watching Big Brother. The reality TV show that places people in a secluded house for months and they have to compete, vote each other off, and hope to win $500,000. Going back to the original reality show MTV's Real World there was always a role selected for each cast member. I always believed it was done in the editing room. They look for all the times one person got mad and make then the mean one. Or all the times someone cried and they are the sensitive one. The jock, the idiot, the bully, the bitch, the goody goody, the drunk, etc.
I began to wonder: Who would I be? I am Italian so I could be a hot head. I am a dork so I could be the clown. I also can be a huge flirt. Who am I? It makes me want to put a bunch of cameras up in my place (not the bedroom) and see how me and my friends act. Also now that I have a roommate it is more interesting.
-----------------------------------------
Its hard to admit to yourself that other people have an influence on your emotions. Because once you say it out loud. You shift the power and they could hurt you. The solution is also the problem. If you keep your guard up and don't let them in then you are safe... or are you? All you are really doing is hurting yourself and possibly missing the opportunity to have a wonderful romance. Ok, so you put yourself out there.... you admit to yourself how you feel and then confess to them, What if they don't want the same thing? Is it the end of the world? No. Does your 'enjoying each others company' have to end? No. It might be hard at first. Everyone just wants to be loved and appreciated, right? Rejection hurts. However this is not a true rejection. To quote one of my favorite movies, Love and Sex-
"Weirdos and creeps are single because they are weird and creepy. Normal people like us are single because we are victims of bad timing."

No comments:

Post a Comment