Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scatter Brainz

Scouting
Its been over a year since I was a model scout, and now that I am back into it I am remembering a few things. First 80% of the women in salt lake are too short for modeling. I see a pretty face walking closer to me but then BAM! she is 5'2". As I am walking around a mall or outside the jazz game I realized how creepy I must look. I stand there alone checking out women. I love it when their boyfriends catch me looking at their girls. But overall it is fun and I do enjoy it.

Work
Today when I was on my break at work I could not stop thinking about how great the women I work with are. So positive and encouraging. I really am blessed to have found this job. My attitude in the beginning was "its just retail" "I cant learn anything new" "the pay is not that great". But the truth is after my husband abandonment I did allot of self evaluating. I made a list of what I wanted to work on. Being kinder, not being afraid to express my feelings, not believing everyone is out to get me, and show compassion. Well I am not perfect and am still working on it, but I knew I had to leave the Radisson Hotel after 3 years of negative energy it really got to me. I was bitter, angry, and felt I couldn't trust anyone. Now I like the Rena I am becoming. I smile more. I unburied the part of me that cares about everyone. With a despite of your...'whatever'... kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment