Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reach

(This Poem was written when I was 18)
I would like to believe there is someone watching out for me
Always smiling and holding out a hand,
Arms stretched out ready to catch me when I fall,
But when I trip and I'm lying on the ground there's no one to pick me up

Sometimes independence is just like being alone,
And times I want to be the one who is naive,
The innocent one that's always being looked out for,
But when I trip and fall and am lying on the ground
there's no one to pick me up

This time I need more than some space,
This time I need more than sympathy,
This time I don't need me on my knees,
Right now I need you to reach for me

I guess I', asking to feel special
And be a one-of-a-kind in your eye,
No manipulation,
Truth be told that you are there for me,
And when I trip and I'm crying on the ground
You will be there to pick me up

No solitaire, no feeling bare,
No being left in the chilling air,
Right now I need you to reach,
Reach,
Please reach for me

No comments:

Post a Comment